think-move art...

12.01.2012


i'm writing in another place... i'll still be here, but i can also be found at thinkmoveart.com, my new space for movement/thought exploration. think-move art is a space for conversation about the moving body; its complexities, its function, its ability to create art.

thanks for stopping by. and please, share your thoughts...


Behavior is rarely rational; it is habitually emotional. We may speak wise words as the result of reasoning, but the entire being reacts to feeling. For every thought supported by feeling, there is a muscle change.
-Mabel Ellsworth Todd, The Thinking Body

Pina Bausch - Tanzteater Wuppertal - Rite of Spring

... an almost death.

"Oh honey, it was just a spell."

But the goose egg on your forehead; purple-yellow cheeks tell it as a different story. 

It smelled of gun powder and pipe tobacco. My fingers, black and fluorescent from scraping my nails against clay targets.

PULL - BANG - BREAK

I wiped my eyes. Tears, mascara and dirty fingers left stripes of war paint across my forehead and cheeks; solidarity for your marks.

--

The day after my mom called to tell me about her "spell," was the sorest day I can recall. My gut and visceral reactions made every muscle in my body tense. I slept poorly. My jaw locked. I could hardly move the next day. The fear reflex, the primal reaction to protect - changed my body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

mother/father's daughter All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger