Contact...

9.18.2011

There's a lot going on these days. I spent the last 24 hours sitting with a friend. Just sitting... sometimes laying. But, we just existed together, human contact. He's detoxing at the moment and needed to be near another person. And I was lucky enough to be that person. (That's not sarcastic, btw).

But, it reminds me how smart our bodies can be. On a cellular level, they are brilliant geniuses. Always fighting to keep us healthy and to get the toxins out.

Sitting with AK also reminded me how powerful human contact is. Skin to skin or even just one body in close proximity to another. When I took a brief seminar in Movement /Dance Therapy in grad school we discussed the value of just sitting with someone. One part of your body touching his/hers. There's that brilliant scene in Little Miss Sunshine when Dwayne finds out he is color-blind. He melts. Color blind folk can't fly planes So, Olive, his sister, sits next to him. Head on his shoulder. No words exchanged. Just contact. Recovery begins.

So my dears, put some human contact into your lives this week. It's a beautiful thing... whether you realize you need it or not, my guess is you'll be happy when you've got it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

mother/father's daughter All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger