so cal, brah...

12.26.2011

you know i'm an l.a. lover... right? the city of angels? how can you not? i will do my best to not get all historical on yo' asses and just tell you to trust me. angel city is one of the truly greatest places on earth... and not too far from my little home town, long beach.

sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner
sometimes i feel like my only friend
is the city i live in,
the city of angels.

i hope to tell you way more about it in the next few weeks or months or whatever... till then, some piccys!


i drive on her streets
'cause she's my companion.
i walk through her hills
'cause she knows who i am.

9¢ coffee from phillippe's... it's a staple for us.
xmas... big red got real tie tie, i got tipsy and photo'd myself. whoops.

take me to the place i love
take me all the way.

long beach... not as 'hood as you though, huh?
(s)he could be xavier's (skinnier) cousin...!



big red and i watched born yesterday... correction, big red bought born yesterday on dvd for me, for christmas. seriously, if you have not seen this film... you. must. right. now. close your computer, and go get it. judy holliday?!?! are you kidding me? she's a contender for the most brilliant comedienne i've ever seen in my world. (and you know lucille ball and i are soul mates right? red hair). holliday won an oscar for this film! ya' heard me. 

at least i have her love, the city she loves me.

all these piccys are mine, y'all! but these lyrics? duh. red hot chili peppers. i been swooning over under the bridge since i first heard it at heart's bend in newfane, vermont. summer of 1992. oh jonah keith... my camp boyfriend... we swooned over this together, a lot... ahhhh,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

mother/father's daughter All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger